A page of ellipses at different angles. The key things to remember are:
- there are no sharp corners as the curve needs to join the back and front halves of the ellipse smoothly;
- ellipses get narrower as they approach the eye line;
- the back half is a little narrower than the front half;
- make sure you establish the vertical and horizontal centre lines of the ellipse first;
- it’s helpful to do one horizonta half at a time to make sure it is symmetrical, though being careful that the two halves join smoothly;
- mark off the horizontal and vertical edges so you know the extent of the ellipse.